Weekly Update #35 - Toggle Platforms & Desert Boss 31.10 - 6.11
This week I was able to finish off the desert environment!
First, I added toggle platforms. These platforms become solid and non-solid periodically. I used the platforms in a few interesting patterns to create really cool levels.
After completing all the 24 normal desert levels I got to work on the boss. It took a few days to come up with the boss concept, but once I had that figured out it was mostly just a matter of adding the logic to the boss, and then testing the boss. The boss fight consists of two factors that you need to keep in mind simultaneously: the platforms underneath you disappear in a preset pattern and the boss does sweeps back and forth, so you need to jump over that nasty spike ball.
That’s it for this quick weekly update. Next up I want to get to work on the final shorter area of the game, the evil mastermind’s base. Thanks for dropping by!
- Fixed grenade crashes on dead entities
- Fixed player moving slower after climbing ladders
- Fixed blood particle decals not applying to spike ball spinner bases
- Fixed player getting crushed on platforms
- Removed hostage from a prison level